The purpose is to give the students an overview of issues and methods for development and assurance of safety-critical software, including details of selected technologies, methods and tools.
- Introduction to functional safety; knowledge that give increased understanding of the relationship between Embedded systems / safety-critical system / accidents / complexity / development models (development lifecycle models) / certification / “the safety case”.
- Analysis and modelling methods; review of analysis and modelling techniques for the development of safety-critical systems.
- Verification and validation of safety critical software, methods and activities to perform verification and validation
- Architectures for safety critical systems. Safety as a design constraint
Learning outcomes: The student should after course completion be able to:
- be well aware of key issues, tools and methods used for development of safety-critical software
- be able to apply selected tools and methods for development and quality assurance of safety-critical software
- have demonstrated ability to document the safety assurance work
- have acquired an ability to adopt scientific advances within the area
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course:
- How to increase the knowledge and general enhancement of safety cultures in development of safety critical systems
- How to clarifying the structure and scope of assurance activites in development of safety critical systems
- How to increasing the knowledge of responsibilities, morals and ethics in development of safety critical systems
- How to increase the competence and skills of personell to increase flexibility and qualification in role appointments for development of safety critical systems
Upcoming instances: September 2017, and ’18
- Course title in Swedish: Funktionell säkerhet för säkerhetskritisk mjukvara
- Course code: DVA445 (at MdH), MDH-24024 (at antagning.se)
- Course syllabus at Mälardalen University
- September 2017 instance at Mälardalen University
- Apply at antagning.se
- Admission requirements: 120 credits of which at least 80 credits in Computer Science and / or equivalent. In addition, at least 18 months of documented work experience in software development.