This course provides an understanding of the fundamental problems in software testing, as well as solid foundation in the practical methods and tools for a systematic state-of-the-art approach to testing of software.
- Introduction to software testing and test design
- Unit testing, test design and automation
- Testing at integration and system level
- Static and dynamic analysis
- Advanced test design
Learning outcomes: After the course, the participants are expected to:
- understand the fundamental goals, challenges and limitations of software testing, and its relation to other software engineering activities, such as requirements engineering, design and implementation.
- have a working knowledge and experience in applying the major established test design techniques.
- have a working knowledge and experience in static and dynamic code analysis.
- have an overview knowledge in more advanced testing methods (such as model-based testing, mutation testing and search-based testing), and in the state-of-the-art in software testing research.
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course:
- Finding problems earlier in the development process and integration chain.
- Avoiding quality deficiency costs.
- Evaluating the quality of software and systems, and knowing when to release.
- Understanding problems and gaps in the development process for continuous improvement.
Upcoming instances: January 2018
- Course syllabus at Mälardalen University
- Course code: DVA434 (MdH), MDH-14032 (antagning.se)
- January 2018 instance at Mälardalen University
- Course title in Swedish: Programvarutest
- Apply via antagning.se
- Course requirements: At least 120 credits, out of which 80 credits are within technology or information technology, with at least 30 credits in programming or software development. In addition 18 month documented work experience from software development or related areas.
When starting this course:
When you have been admitted to the course, the are some steps you need to take before starting the course. Please follow these instructions:
- National students: http://www.mdh.se/student/nystudent/ and, if you open the English page, select “For national new students,” or switch to Swedish using “På svenska” link at the top.
- International students: http://www.mdh.se/student/nystudent/ and, if you open the English page, select “For international new students” link, otherwise click “In English” link on top of the page to change to English and then follow the link.