This course provides an understanding of the fundamental problems in software testing, as well as solid foundation in the practical methods and tools for a systematic state-of-the-art approach to testing of software.
- Introduction to software testing and test design
- Unit testing, test design and automation
- Testing at integration and system level
- Static and dynamic analysis
- Advanced test design
Learning outcomes: After the course, the participants are expected to:
- understand the fundamental goals, challenges and limitations of software testing, and its relation to other software engineering activities, such as requirements engineering, design and implementation.
- have a working knowledge and experience in applying the major established test design techniques.
- have a working knowledge and experience in static and dynamic code analysis.
- have an overview knowledge in more advanced testing methods (such as model-based testing, mutation testing and search-based testing), and in the state-of-the-art in software testing research.
Related industrial challenges addressed in the course:
- Finding problems earlier in the development process and integration chain.
- Avoiding quality deficiency costs.
- Evaluating the quality of software and systems, and knowing when to release.
- Understanding problems and gaps in the development process for continuous improvement.
Upcoming instances: January 2018
- Course syllabus at Mälardalen University
- Course code: DVA434
- January 2017 instance at Mälardalen University
- Course title in Swedish: Programvarutest
- Apply via antagning.se
- Course requirements: Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent and at least three (3) years of relevant industry experience in software development.
When starting this course:
When you have been admitted to the course, the are some steps you need to take before starting the course. Please follow these instructions:
- National students: http://www.mdh.se/student/nystudent/ and, if you open the English page, select “For national new students,” or switch to Swedish using “På svenska” link at the top.
- International students: http://www.mdh.se/student/nystudent/ and, if you open the English page, select “For international new students” link, otherwise click “In English” link on top of the page to change to English and then follow the link.