The goal of this course is to offer substantial training in continuous requirements engineering and product management for a digital environment. This includes an understanding of how digitalisation changes the environment that companies and government organisations are operating in and what products and services are going to be transformed into digital forms. The course revisits the business models that digitalisation offers for software-intensive products and services and help participants to increase the understanding of how to increase the economic and organisational benefits from digitalisation. The course prepares the students to handle requirements for software-intensive products in digital environments using cost-efficient methods and processes. The course discusses the challenges that large-scale requirements engineering brings. The course connects to the industrial practice of requirements engineering and product management for software-intensive products and services.
Responsible:Blekinge Institute of Technology (Krzysztof Wnuk)
The course includes four modules:
- Digitalisation in work environment – possibilities and challenges associated with digitalisation in the working environment and the relationship between digitalisation and business models, products, and services offered.
- Value, strategy, and business models – how digitalisation impact the identification and quantification of value in your environment and how to plan product strategies for software-intensive products and services.
- Requirements engineering and prioritization – processes, methods, and templates used for managing and prioritizing requirements.
- Product and release management – processes and method for creating product strategies and realising them in a series of product releases with desired functionality and quality.
Learning Outcomes: The student should after course completion be able to:
- Be able to explain the challenges and possibilities that digitalisation brings.
- Be able to explain how digitalisation is going to impact business models and routines.
- Be able to explain the challenges with requirements management and software product management.
- Be able to explain the challenges with planning and delivering software-intensive products and services.
- Be able to analyse the possibilities and challenges from digitalisation of their working
- Apply business modeling techniques for planning software-intensive products and services
- Apply appropriate techniques and methods for large-scale requirements engineering
- Be able to plan the content of software-intensive products and their delivery strategy
- Be able to analyze important value aspects that digitalization impacts and changes
- Describe and clarify the challenges associated with and be able to apply the appropriate techniques and methods to overcome the challenges associated with continuous requirements engineering and product management. Both in terms of processes and techniques.
- Describe and clarify how digitalisation impacts their working environment and organisation they belong to and if it can lead to new processes, products, or increased revenue or product quality.
Related industry challenges that are addressed in the course: The course addresses the challenges that arises when dealing with requirements in a changing and cost-sensitive reality.
- Course title in Swedish: Kontinuerlig kravhantering och produkthantering
- Course code: PA2578 (at BTH), BTH-D5812 (at antagning.se)
- Autumn 2020 instance at Blekinge Institute of Technology
- Admission requirements: At least 90 credits of which at least 60 credits are within a technical subject.