Contacts: Wasif Afzal
The Integration and system testing module is divided in two main parts: The first part focuses on Integration and System-Level Testing and Test Design, and the second part focuses on Important Issues and Aspects of Integration- and System-Level Testing.
The first part of the module will extend the test design techniques discussed in the Unit testing module, discussing things like specification-based testing, implementation-based testing, and other test design techniques when used at integration or system level. Lectures and assignments for this part of the module module are listed below:
Part I: Integration and System-Level Testing and Test Design
- (Video) Integration Strategies.
- (Video) Test Design on Integration and System Level.
- (Assignment) Assignment INL6: Test Design on Integration- and System-Level. (sorry for the out-of-order listing of INL6 and INL5 – the latter can be found below.)
- Recommended Reading is provided in the assignment instructions.
- (Video) Perspectives on Integration Testing.
- (Expert Interview) Dr Stig Larsson on Integration and Testing.
The second part of the module will focus on aspects and issues that are highly relevant for integration- and system-level testing (and in some cases, to the entire software testing process as a whole). Such issues include dealing with combinatorial issues, testability, etc… Lectures and assignments for the second part of this module are listed below:
Part II: Important Issues and Aspects of Integration- and System-Level Testing
- (Video) Testability.
- (Video) Combinatorial Testing.
- Recommended Reading
- Changhai Nie and Hareton Leung. 2011. A survey of combinatorial testing. ACM Comput. Surv. 43, 2, Article 11, February 2011.
- Wojciak, P.; Tzoref-Brill, R., System Level Combinatorial Testing in Practice – The Concurrent Maintenance Case Study, Software Testing, Verification and Validation (ICST), 2014 IEEE Seventh International Conference on , vol., no., pp.103,112, March 31 2014-April 4 2014
- (Assignment) Assignment INL5: Combinatorial Testing.
- (Video) Exploratory Testing – I.
- (Video) Exploratory Testing – II.